Get all the latest news on coronavirus and more delivered daily to your inbox. Sign up here.Multiple small business owners who received a government stimulus loan say they will not be able to hire back their laid-off employees because of certain provisions in the aid. The Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) promises a business owner loan forgiveness if they retain or rehire all the workers they had in late February. But owners say current economic conditions make that quota difficult to maintain. Consequently, lending may not reduce unemployment as much as the Trump administration had hoped. In this Tuesday April 21, 2020 photograph, Laury Hammel, CEO and founder of the Longfellow Health Clubs and the Salt Lake Tennis and Health Club, poses at the Wayland, Mass. facility, closed due state COVID-19 restrictions.  (AP)The $2 trillion relief package passed last month included $349 billion for the small business loan program, which ran out of money Thursday. Congress and the White House reached a deal Tuesday that would provide another $310 billion. For loans to be forgiven, companies must spend 75 percent on payroll within two months of receiving the money. The other 25 percent can go to rent, utilities and mortgage payments. But small businesses


Continue To Full Article