PHILADELPHIA – The U.S. Census Bureau is suspending field operations for two weeks to help stop the spread of COVID-19.“We are analyzing on a daily, if not hourly basis, what is happening in our nation,” said Tim Olson, who oversees bureau’s field operations. Census officials expect field operations to resume April 1. The suspension also impacts its hiring and onboarding process, though officials emphasize their recruitment website will remain open as they may need more employees than originally planned for.CLICK HERE FOR FOX NEWS’ COMPLETE CORONAVIRUS COVERAGEAccording to a statement released by the Census Bureau, “in late May, census takers around the nation will begin visiting households that have not yet responded to the 2020 Census to help complete the count.”It’s a month later than Census takers were supposed to start knocking on doors of households that had not yet responded.“Respond on your own, so a Census worker does not need to come to your household,” Olson said. Census officials expect field operations to resume April 1. Fortunately, Census officials say they’ve already exceeded their expected response rate. So far, about 18.6 million households have sent their forms in.“I think people are realizing this is a big deal,” Olson said. The Census officially kicked off


Continue To Full Article