A large manufacturer of protective N95 masks for medical workers said it is shipping half a million masks to New York and Seattle, with arrivals starting Monday.3M said it is ready to rush additional shipments across the country and will almost double production of the masks over the next year, to an annual rate of 2 billion masks worldwide. That is a bigger increase than the 30 percent boost the company announced Friday.3M factories in South Dakota and Nebraska are now producing 35 million N95 masks a month, 90 percent of which the company is selling for healthcare workers after a change in law last week eliminated the threat of lawsuits from such sales.The other 10 percent will go to industrial workers who are “also critical in this pandemic,” in sectors including energy, food and pharmaceuticals, 3M Chairman and CEO Mike Roman said in a statement Sunday.The change signed into law Wednesday protects manufacturers from liability when selling N95 masks to the healthcare sector that were designed for industrial use. Both types filter at least 95 percent of airborne particles, but can vary in design and fit, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.The liability protection covers certain


Continue To Full Article